The pretzel, that delicious little knot-like, baked-bread treat, is so familiar. Where did it come from, does anyone know? In Brother Giovanni’s Little Reward: How the Pretzel was Born we find out what might have happened in a monastery in Italy long ago.
Meet Brother Giovanni, baker at the monastery. He is happy and loves the children he teaches, but he has a problem with getting them to learn to say their prayers, as they are just having too much fun. This is important – why? Because the Abbot says, “If the children cannot say their prayers, I worry that our new bishop may be very unhappy.”
In Brother Giovanni’s desperate search for a solution, he hits upon a brilliant idea…
This is a very merry picture book. Amanda Hall’s illustrations are created to reflect the style of medieval illuminated manuscripts and the book is topped off with a pretzel recipe at the end.
My commitment to you
I order in copies of my books from my publishers and pack and send them to my customers myself, to ensure they are delivered in excellent condition. The books all have my hand-written signature. You can also send me your own message (at Checkout stage) that I will add as a personal inscription, to make the book extra special.
If the goods arrive either damaged while in transit or late, you are legally entitled to a replacement or a full refund once the goods have been returned to me. Please see below for details.
Please check your order very carefully. Products are generally despatched quickly, and so cancellations cannot happen after payment has been made. Please review our Returns Policy for more information.
Which countries do you ship to?
- I deliver Worldwide.
- Please note that it might not be possible for Royal Mail to deliver to some locations, if this is the case I will notify you by email.
Which delivery service do you use?
- For UK deliveries I use Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For service for small parcels (this service has a maximum weight of 2kg).
- For deliveries outside the UK I use Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed service for small parcels (again, this service has a maximum weight of 2kg).
How much will it cost me to have the goods delivered to where I am?
- Prices will be finalised at the checkout stage as delivery charges will vary according to the book’s weight, the number of books ordered and the destination country.
How long does it usually take for orders to be delivered where I am?
- If you are ordering a book for a birthday or other special occasion, please allow the maximum 30 days delivery period to avoid disappointment.
- Delivery times will vary depending on the country of destination. I aim to deliver the goods by the times quoted below, but this is only a guide:
- UK – 6 working days
- Europe – 8 working days
- World Zone One – 10 working days
- World Zone Two – 10 working days
- World Zone Three – 10 working days