Out of This World: The Surreal Art of Leonora Carrington is the picture book biography of the dramatic life and original art of Leonora Carrington, and of her determination to forge her own creative identity. The book shows Leonora’s unlikely artistic beginnings as the daughter of a wealthy British industrialist, raised to make a suitable marriage by being presented at court to George V. Through vivid storytelling and stunning artwork, we follow Leonora’s artistic journey as she escapes to France but, as war breaks out, is forced to flee to an unfamiliar continent an ocean away. It is here, though, that she creates her best work and lives out the rest of her long and productive life. Out of This World grew out of a collaboration by writer Michelle Markel and illustrator Amanda Hall following their previous success with The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau for Eerdmans Books for Young Readers.
My commitment to you
I order in copies of my books from my publishers and pack and send them to my customers myself, to ensure they are delivered in excellent condition. The books all have my hand-written signature. You can also send me your own message (at Checkout stage) that I will add as a personal inscription, to make the book extra special.
If the goods arrive either damaged while in transit or late, you are legally entitled to a replacement or a full refund once the goods have been returned to me.
Please check your order very carefully. Products are generally despatched quickly, and so cancellations cannot happen after payment has been made. Please review our Returns Policy for more information.
Which countries do you ship to?
- I deliver Worldwide.
- Please note that it might not be possible for Royal Mail to deliver to some locations, if this is the case I will notify you by email.
Which delivery service do you use?
- For UK deliveries I use Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For service for small parcels (this service has a maximum weight of 2kg).
- For deliveries outside the UK I use Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed service for small parcels (again, this service has a maximum weight of 2kg).
How much will it cost me to have the goods delivered to where I am?
- Prices will be finalised at the checkout stage as delivery charges will vary according to the book’s weight, the number of books ordered and the destination country.
How long does it usually take for orders to be delivered where I am?
- If you are ordering a book for a birthday or other special occasion, please allow the maximum 30 days delivery period to avoid disappointment.
- Delivery times will vary depending on the country of destination. I aim to deliver the goods by the times quoted below, but this is only a guide:
- UK – 6 working days
- Europe – 8 working days
- World Zone One – 10 working days
- World Zone Two – 10 working days
- World Zone Three – 10 working days