For Talks & Demonstration bookings
- Full details of the venue (including directions), type of event and number of people expected to attend.
- An allocated liaison/contact person at the venue, with a mobile number to contact on the day, in case of emergency. My mobile number is 07982 834543.
- Parking (reserved, if possible) nearby for my car, as I will have heavy bags with me for the event.
- Relevant equipment needed to present talk at venue - as agreed in correspondence – checked and in good working order.
- Access to the venue at least one hour before the event and a person with the necessary technical skills present to set up the equipment required for the talk/ demo.
- A hot or cold drink would be much appreciated during the course of the event.
- The full name and address of your organisation to use on my invoice.
- I would ask to be allowed to bring a selection of my books to sign and related prints and cards to sell at your event during the break (if appropriate).
- If your organisation wanted to take photos of the event for your website, that would be great. I would ask you to confirm that these would be emailed to me during the following week for use on my own website too. If you also wanted to make any recordings or film of my talk, to be used on the internet, published or otherwise disseminated, this would need to be discussed first and then agreed in writing beforehand. Again, I would ask you to confirm that I would be sent copies for my own use within 30 days of the event.
Price Guide For adults
- I am a member of The Society of Authors and base my fees on the rates recommended by them: For a standard visit to an art group or society lasting two hours in total (this would normally include a Powerpoint presentation, a short refreshment break, a demonstration of art techniques and time for questions) I charge £150.00.
For schools /colleges
- As a member of The Society of Authors, I base my fees on the rates recommended by them. The rates recommended by the Society are £350 and £250 respectively for full and half-day engagements (to cover a maximum of three sessions), plus expenses. They suggest a fee of £150 for a single session (not exceeding one hour, plus expenses) when the author or illustrator is visiting a local venue or carrying out a number of separate visits e.g. to schools in a single area.
- I am VAT registered and am therefore required by law to charge VAT at 20% where required, to meet VAT regulations. My VAT no is 453 3053 73.
- If the event is outside Cambridge, I also charge the standard rate of 45p per mile travel expenses.