Tales from India is an exquisite, 96-page collectable volume with ivory colored pages full of visual delight and interest.
Children’s author and master storyteller Jamila Gavin is particularly famous for her book Coram Boy. In Tales from India Jamila deftly takes us on a journey through ten cherished Hindu classics, starting with the creation story How the World Began – “Before the world began, there was only a white sea of milk. Floating on the sea of milk was a single lotus flower…” Jamila goes on to introduce us to stories of beautiful princesses and evil kings, great floods and epic battles between good and evil, gods and demons.
The stories are illuminated by Amanda Hall’s sumptuous illustrations, inspired by both classical and contemporary Indian art. The illustrations have been executed using gouache paints – similar to the techniques used by Indian miniature painters which give a striking richness of color.
My commitment to you
I order in copies of my books from my publishers and pack and send them to my customers myself, to ensure they are delivered in excellent condition. The books all have my hand-written signature. You can also send me your own message (at Checkout stage) that I will add as a personal inscription, to make the book extra special.
If the goods arrive either damaged while in transit or late, you are legally entitled to a replacement or a full refund once the goods have been returned to me. Please see below for details.
Please check your order very carefully. Products are generally despatched quickly, and so cancellations cannot happen after payment has been made. Please review our Returns Policy for more information.
Which countries do you ship to?
- I deliver Worldwide.
- Please note that it might not be possible for Royal Mail to deliver to some locations, if this is the case I will notify you by email.
Which delivery service do you use?
- For UK deliveries I use Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For service for small parcels (this service has a maximum weight of 2kg).
- For deliveries outside the UK I use Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed service for small parcels (again, this service has a maximum weight of 2kg).
How much will it cost me to have the goods delivered to where I am?
- Prices will be finalized at the checkout stage as delivery charges will vary according to the book’s weight, the number of books ordered and the destination country.
How long does it usually take for orders to be delivered where I am?
- If you are ordering a book for a birthday or other special occasion, please allow the maximum 30 days delivery period to avoid disappointment.
- Delivery times will vary depending on the country of destination. I aim to deliver the goods by the times quoted below, but this is only a guide:
- UK – 6 working days
- Europe – 8 working days
- World Zone One – 10 working days
- World Zone Two – 10 working days
- World Zone Three – 10 working days