The “Henri Rousseau Tiger” print is one of the illustrations from the picture book bio The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau, written by Michelle Markel and published in 2012 by Eerdmans Books for Young Readers.
In this final illustration from the biography, we see artist Henri Rousseau triumphantly leaping over the jungle and setting sun, astride one of his Rousseau-esque painted tigers. The text in the book reads “A hundred years later, the flowers still blossom, the monkeys still frolic, and the snakes keep slithering through Henri’s hot jungles.”
The “Henri Rousseau Tiger” print is square in format and is available in four print sizes: Large, Medium, Medium-Small and Small (with the printed image inset within a white border) and is suitable for a child’s bedroom or playroom as well as in an adult living space. It can be ordered either window-mounted & framed, or unframed. For details on the paper, frames and mounts used for our products, see PRODUCT INFO.
The prints are shipped in recycled or recyclable packaging.
Designer’s tip: the vibrant colours in this sunset wall art make it suitable for many sage green or pink interior decor colour schemes, that will be echoed by the pink and green artwork.
We have partnered with an excellent UK print company that uses the highest quality fine art digital printing technology.
Paper and inks
- Our prints are made using archival quality, museum-grade Smooth 100% Cotton High White 315gsm fine art paper and pigmented inks to produce outstanding results. More information on our paper can be found here.
- Our prints are available either framed & window mounted or unframed.
- Our quality wooden frames come in a choice of Oak, Black or White. The frame profile is W1.5 x D2.5cm (W.58 x D.98 inches).
- Each print sits within a generous white window mount.
- For safe shipping we use a framing standard of 1.2mm clear framer acrylic. This is standard across the framing industry.
- A credit for each illustration appears discreetly at the bottom of the print in 8pt grey lettering (under the mount, if framed).
- The framed prints use standard saw tooth hangers.
- For best results, prints should not be hung in direct sunlight.
Print Size Options
- The maximum size available for each image is determined by the scale of the original illustration – this is to maintain optimum printing results. So, smaller illustrations = smaller prints.
- Please note that the dimensions of the image area within the print will depend on the proportions of the original illustration, as the height to width ratio varies from image to image.
- Each image has a variable white margin from the paper’s edge, as can be seen in the unframed print images.
- Print dimensions are shown as metric measurements on the product pages. Please click here to convert from metric to imperial dimensions.
Delivery & Returns
All print orders are completed by our supplier and dispatched from their premises within 2-4 working days of your order. They use a range of domestic and international suppliers including Royal Mail, DHL and Parcel Force to fulfil all orders promptly and professionally. Delivery times will vary depending on destination, please see guide below.