Out of This World: The Surreal Art of Leonora Carrington is the picture book biography of the dramatic life and original art of Leonora Carrington, and of her determination to forge her own creative identity. The book shows Leonora’s unlikely artistic beginnings as the daughter of a wealthy British industrialist, raised to make a suitable marriage by being presented at court to George V. Through vivid storytelling and stunning artwork, we follow Leonora’s artistic journey as she escapes to France but, as war breaks out, is forced to flee to an unfamiliar continent an ocean away. It is here, though, that she creates her best work and lives out the rest of her long and productive life. Out of This World grew out of a collaboration by writer Michelle Markel and illustrator Amanda Hall following their previous success with The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau for Eerdmans Books for Young Readers.
Delivery & Returns
My commitment to you
I order in copies of my books from my publishers and pack and send them to my customers myself, to ensure they are delivered in excellent condition. The books all have my hand-written signature. You can also send me your own message that I will add as a personalised inscription, to make the book extra special.
Take a look at my FAQs below, but you can also go to Conditions of Sale for my full Conditions of Sale policy.
Which countries do you ship to?
- I deliver worldwide.
- Please note that it might not be possible for Royal Mail to deliver to some locations, if this is the case I will notify you by email.
Which delivery service do you use?
- For UK deliveries I use Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For service for small parcels (this service has a maximum weight of 2 kg).
- For deliveries outside the UK I use Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed service for small parcels (again, this service has a maximum weight of 2 kg).
How much will it cost me to have the goods delivered to where I am?
- Prices will be finalised at the checkout stage as delivery charges will vary according to the book’s weight, the number of books ordered and the destination country.
How long does it usually take for orders to be delivered where I am?
- If you are ordering a book for a birthday or other special occasion, please allow the maximum 30 days delivery period to avoid disappointment.
- Delivery times will vary depending on the country of destination. I aim to deliver the goods by the times quoted below, but this is only a guide.:-
- UK – 6 working days
- EU – 8 working days
- ROW – 10 working days
For how long can I cancel my order without any penalty?
- For books with my signature only, you are legally entitled to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive your goods.
- Books inscribed with a personalised message are bespoke goods and are therefore nonreturnable.
What happens if I cancel an order after the seller has posted it?
- If you have received the goods before you cancel your order, then you must send the goods back to me at my address (below) at your own cost as soon as possible.
- If you cancel your contract but I have already processed the goods for delivery, you should not unpack the goods when you receive them, and you need to send the goods back to me at my address (below) at your own cost as soon as possible.
- Please note, I may make a deduction from your refund for any loss in the value of the goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
Who pays for the return postage if there is a problem with the goods?
- The goods you have ordered from me should meet their product descriptions on my website.
- If they don’t, you are within your rights to ask for a full refund. If that is the case, please send your questions or complaints to me via my contact form and I will contact you and either send you a replacement or offer you a full refund.
- If you wish to exercise your consumer rights, to reject goods because they don’t meet their product descriptions, you need to post them back to me at the return address below. I will pay the cost of postage.
- For further details on this please read my Conditions of Sale.
What happens if an order does not arrive within the estimated time?
- I will aim to deliver the goods by the date quoted for delivery, but delivery times are not guaranteed. In any event, I will aim to deliver your goods within 30 days from the day after the day I received your order. If delivery is delayed beyond this time, I will contact you and either agree on a mutually acceptable alternative date or offer you a full refund.
Will VAT be added to my order?
- There is no VAT either on my books or Postage and Packing.
How do I cancel my order?
- Should you wish to cancel your order, you can use the cancellation form provided at the end of my Conditions of Sale policy, or alternatively, you can notify me by using my contact form
- In the Subject bar enter Return of Goods and your Order Number
- In Your Message enter your reasons for returning the goods.
- My postal address is Amanda Hall Illustration The Shadowhouse, 71 Cromwell Road, Cambridge CB1 3EB United Kingdom.