Who I am and important information
- sign up to Amanda Hall’s mailing list
- purchase a product or service
This website is not intended for children and I do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements.
The personal data I collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioner’s Office. Amanda Hall Illustration is registered with the ICO (reference number: ZA548729).
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which I have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Dataincludes first name/last name.
- Contact Dataincludes billing address/ delivery address/ email address/ telephone numbers.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do I collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where I need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract I have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract I have or am trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, I may have to cancel a product or service you have with me, but I will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How I collect your personal data
You may give me your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with me by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for my products or services;
- Create an account on my Website;
- Subscribe to my mailing list;
- Request marketing to be sent to you.
How I use your personal data
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract: this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest: this means the interest of my business in conducting and managing my business to enable me to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. I make sure I consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before I process your personal data for my legitimate interests. I do not use your personal data for activities where my interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless I have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how I assess my legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting me, Amanda Hall, via my contact form
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that I am subject to.
Purposes for which I will use your personal data
I have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways I plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases I rely on to do so.
Note that I may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which I am using your data. Please contact me, Amanda Hall, via my contact form if you need details about the specific legal ground I am relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To add your details to my email mailing list.||
Opting out of marketing communications
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by clicking unsubscribe in any marketing email you receive, or by contacting me at Amanda Hall, “The Shadowhouse”, 71 Cromwell Road, Cambridge CB1 3EB United Kingdom, or via my contact form
I do not send your personal data to any third party for their marketing activities.
Change of purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me, Amanda Hall, via my contact form
If I need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
Please note that I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Who I share your personal data with
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- External Third Parties Service.
- Providers acting as processors based in the United Kingdom who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers and online payment processors operating the payment gateway on my website.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Specific third parties listed in the table in paragraph 4
I require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I do not allow my third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those agents and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which I process your personal data and whether I can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law I have to keep basic information about my customers including contact, identity, financial and transaction data for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask me to delete your data: see Your Legal Rights below for further information.
In some circumstances I may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which I hold about you;
- The right to request that I correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that I provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where my processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of my contract with you or where I process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to my processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on my legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact me, Amanda Hall, via my contact form
No fee required – with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What I may need from you
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up my response.
Time limit to respond
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.
Your right to rectification
Please keep me informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with me. It is important that the personal data I hold about you is accurate and current.
I will update the personal data I hold on you for marketing purposes to reflect any changes that you request me to make.
Queries, requests or concerns
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and me, please in the first instance contact me, Amanda Hall, using my contact form
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.